Monday, April 3, 2017

The Filming Process

So, yesterday everything almost went according to plan. When we first started out, it went fine, until Juliette made a few suggestions and began questioning me on what the plot of my movie was and how this intro would flow into the actual film. I know she meant this only to help me, but it lead me to second guess myself and feel as though the whole film opening didn't even make sense. I then quickly tried to come up with other ideas for my film opening. I came up with an (awful) idea that still revolved around my plot, just a different film opening. Then I began thinking that the problem was the plot, so I thought that my new movie would open with a voiceover of a young teen introducing herself through her journal entry. After considering this idea for several silent, awkward minutes, Juliette said to just keep filming my original film opening and we'd work around it. So we went out to the car to continue filming, where it was apparent I was frustrated and just wanted to stop. So after sitting silently in the car for several more silent moments and after I banged my head on the steering wheel a few times, we drove back to my house. 

She suggested I try filming alone to get more of an idea on what I wanted, rather than continuing to doubt myself because of some constructive criticism. I usually do well with constructive criticism because it's actually meant to help you, but in that moment I became overwhelmed thinking about how this project is due in a week.

It went a lot smoother filming on my own because I didn't feel self conscious about someone watching what/how I was filming, which made the project enjoyable, rather than stressful. My favorite part was setting up the "stage" for the scene and moving my props to coordinate with the rule of thirds. I'm quite excited to see how this editing process goes, which I started today!!! Hopefully, I will be done in the next few days with the actual film opening so I can begin working on my CCR.






No comments:

Post a Comment