Saturday, April 1, 2017

Take Two

Tomorrow, hopefully around noon, Juliette is coming over to my house to wrap up filming. For the scenes that take place at school, I'm going to go to my local library and depending on how realistic the setting looks, I may or may not have to film the scenes at school. The one scene I know I have to film in school is the wide shot of my character walking through the hall after class. To make it realistic, the hallway has to be packed with students. I am, however, nervous about the quality of this shot because the whole film opening is filmed on a fancy camera, whereas this scene will be filmed on my iPhone.

Something I just considered for this particular shot is having the other students in the hallway also be on there phones in order to emphasize that it isn't just one teen who has an obsession with her phone--it's everyone. This may be difficult seeing as people are always in a rush after class and they're strangers, so I may just have to relay on the students to already be on their phones when the camera is rolling. Now I'm thinking for the mid-shot, where my character is eating dinner with her family, the mother can make a comment referring to something on Facebook, implying that she's also on her phone while they're eating dinner. I don't want to stray too far from my opening's main purpose, so I'll have to think about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment