Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mistakes to Watch Out For

In order to better prepare myself, I watched a YouTube video titled "Top 15 Mistakes Beginner Filmmakers Make." As I watched the video, I compiled a list of tips I could refer to when the next time I film.

  • Your character needs goals in order to tell the story and to keep it interesting
  • Don't forget about sound
  • Watch out for dead space; use the rule of thirds
  • Doorways add depth to the screen
  • Don't have plain white walls in the background; posters/frames make for a more interesting background
  • Make sure you use good lighting techniques; "scenes that are not lit typically look flat"
  • Don't add unnecessary insert shots
  • No lingering shots, it slows down the pace of the scene
  • Motion helps tell the story
  • Try to keep the cliches to a minimum 
  • If you use a cliche, do something to make unique and interesting
  • Make sure music matches whats on screen

No comments:

Post a Comment