Saturday, March 25, 2017

A New Idea?

I knew going into this process that I would be branching out and away from my original idea. Since I started my idea, I felt like I was trying to shove too much in my film opening which strayed away from my film's main purpose--to make people aware of how obsessed we all are to our phones and how this obsession can be dangerous. So I was advised to focus on the details. I have to let the audience get to know the character and fully grasp the obsession this character has with her phone. In order to do this, I can't just start the film with the car accident. So I'm thinking the film opening could consist with the character's full day routine and emphasize the little moments (checking phone during class, sending text at stop light, asking to go to bathroom and taking phone with her, etc.) to depict that obsession. Tomorrow I'm going to post a new storyboard and elaborate further.

Personal Research:

Since I began my film, I have been taking note on my own consumption with social media and with my phone. I have deleted most of my social media accounts in the past realizing how much time I wasted scrolling through pointless pictures. But recently I realized deleting the other social media accounts made me increase usage in my only serving accounts: Twitter and YouTube. This completely defeats the point of deleting the other accounts. So I have challenged myself to see how long I can stay off of Twitter and see if I'm able to manage my time better--it's been a day and half and so far it's been pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment