Sunday, March 12, 2017

Brainstorming

Currently, I'm considering the different aspects of my third idea before I fully commit to it. This means I have to figure out who my target audience would be, what would my plot be, and what genre it would follow under.

Considering the movie would be about a smartphone and the purpose of the film would be to demonstrate how attached we are to our phones, my target audience actually have to own smartphones. So my target audience would be both women and men because, according to Paw Research Center, there is only a 3% difference in female and male consumption. They would be young teens to young adults (roughly 13-early 20s). In the article A Smart Phone's Bff: Teens and Tweens, cell phone companies target primarily target 13-17-year-olds because they are the most tech-savvy and technologically driven individuals. As for their socio economics status, they would primarily be middle class. 

As for the plot, the film will follow a smartphone belonging to a young teen who, from the moment she wakes up, is on her phone checking her social media accounts and texting. To make the story interesting, since we'll just be watching a smartphone, I'm thinking that the teen could be texting and driving and cause an accident that kills someone. The smartphone would survive the crash and later be returned to it's owner. The rest of the movie could be the teen having to come to terms with what she did and the movie could end with her realizing how dangerous her obsession with her smartphone has become and the final shot would be the girl turning off the phone.

According to the article Texting and Driving Statistics, about 1.6 million crashes occur due to cell usage while driving. This element would allow my target audience to become aware of how reckless we can be because of our constant need to have our phone in hand.

My film would be a drama because it will show my character at their best and because of a tragic conflict they rethink who they are and where there priorities lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment