Saturday, March 25, 2017

First Day Filming

Although I said we were going to start filming on Tuesday and finish on Wednesday, that didn't happen. Juliette and I started started filming on Wednesday and it was different than I anticipated...

Typically people say you shouldn't work with your best friend because you won't get anything done, but we actually got about halfway through the opening. Working with her was a quite difficult at times though because I didn't convey exactly what I'm envisioning for the film opening nor its' purpose. I was also experiencing trouble managing her camera and giving her directions, so this frustrated her which in turn would frustrate me. After a few scenes, we decided to switch places so she got behind the camera and I became the actress. I was still in control and remained the director-- just without having to fumble with the camera.


I think I was expecting the filming process to be easier since I felt that I did a good amount of planning beforehand, but I quickly realized this was not the case. I'm considering changing the content in the film opening a little and also delving more into specifics so hopefully when we film next week, I'll be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment