Sunday, March 26, 2017

Storyboard #3

So as I was finishing my third storyboard, I realized that I completely shifted focus from the smartphone to the the owner of the smartphone. Although I really liked the idea of the film focusing on just the smart phone, I'm enjoying the idea of following this character on her average day and capturing this obsession she has with her phone. I think by following a person, rather than a smart phone, makes the film more relatable to viewers. I will continue to consider this newly emerged idea...



This storyboard begins the same way the others do-- close-up of the phone, wide shot with a pan, and an over-the-shoulder of the character brushing her teeth. The video will then cut to an over-the-shoulder/mid-shot of the character watching YouTube videos as she is getting dressed. This will be a mid-shot so we won't actually see the character getting dressed, but it will be implied. The video will then cut to a mid-shot of the character in the car scrolling through her music list and I'm going to put Juliette's student parking pass on the rear view mirror to hint at the audience that she's going to school. The video will then cut to a mid-shot of character inserting headphones and I'm thinking I can put the camera behind the steering wheel and scoot the driver's seat back so I can get a direct view of the character. I'm thinking of doing a wide shot (possible mid-shot) of the character walking through the parking lot and she'll be on her phone, of course. I think that it may be better to do this same shot but in the school hallway just to emphasize her location, but I'll shoot both just in case. The video will then cut to an over-the-shoulder shot, where the character will be on her phone until the bell rings. I'm thinking the video could then cut to a low angle of the character looking at her phone during class. Maybe the bell could ring again and the character is off to lunch where we will see a two-shot of the character with a friend and she'll be showing her something on her phone (this will have to be shot in the cafeteria to demonstrate that it's lunch time). The camera can then cut to a mid-shot of the character in her car doing the same thing she did that morning. The video will then cut to an over-the-shoulder of the character at home on the couch looking through nonsense on her phone. Next, a mid-shot of the character, who's supposed to be doing homework, procrastinating and going on her phone. According to the article "Eighty-seven percent of high school and college students are self-proclaimed procrastinators," about sixty-seven percent of high school females procrastinate by going on social media, so this will resinate with my audience. The video will proceed with a mid-shot of the character at the dinner table and she will be on her phone texting as she eats. To make it apparent that there are other people dining with her, I'm thinking someone can pass her the salt shaker or something of the sort. The video will conclude with a close-up of the character scrolling in bed where there will be very low lighting and I want to emphasize the bright light of the phone screen. The film opening will fade to black and the title will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment