Friday, March 17, 2017

Storyboard #1

I have officially committed to the smart phone film idea! *applause* I'm planning on starting filming next week so I have created a storyboard with one possible way my film can begin.


It would start out with a close-up of the phone on the dresser and the alarm will be going off. Some of the opening credit will be on the phone screen when it lights up and after a few seconds a hand will reach over  and grab the phone. The video will cut to a point of view shot (from the phone's perspective) and it will be a close-up of the character's face, where she will be mindlessly scrolling. As the character is getting out of bed, there will be a wide shot that pans to follow the phone in the girl's hand to the bathroom. The video will cut to a close-up of the phone on the back of the toilet and I'm thinking I could add more opening credits on the phone screen through text messages. While we watch the phone, we will hear the character urinating and then flushing the toilet. The character will then grab the phone and place it down next to the sink, where I'm thinking of having a close-up of the side of the phone and water will splatter on the phone screen. Then I could have an over-the-shoulder shot of the character brushing their teeth whilst on scrolling through their phone. The video will then cut to a close-up of the phone on the counter and we will hear the character getting dressed and trying to figure out what she's going to wear. I will use foley sound to emphasize the sounds of the clothing and drawers opening and closing. I'm thinking that this scene could end with a shirt landing on the phone. I'd continue with the use of a wide shot and pan as the character is exiting her house with her backpack on her shoulder and phone in hand. I will have to emphasize the sound of the door closing and it locking. The video will cut to a mid-shot of the character getting in her car (sound of car door closing) and she will place the phone on her dashboard. As the character is driving away, I will zoom into the phone and the character will be texting and driving. The car, although we won't see it happen it is apparent she is engrossed in her conversation, will begin to swerve. Here is where I really need to focus on sound--the character will yell, we will hear cars honking, and after the incident is over, the character will be breathing heavily. On the phone she will receive a text that says "you there?" Throughout the opening, except when the almost accident happens, an upbeat jingle will softly play in the background .
                                               





No comments:

Post a Comment